UGBox Forums

Full Version: New Forums!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've just migrated our forums over to PunBB. It's open source, lightwight, fast and does everything we need. Unfortunately IPB was like Swiss cheese, and was actively being exploited, so it had to go.

Rather than take the safe approach to this sort of thing and do lots and lots of testing, we just went ahead and did it Smile

Most stuff should still work fine, but we will be ironing out bugs over the next week or two. If you notice anything that needs fixing, please tell us by replying to this thread or popping on #ugbox and telling us.
I don't know if it's related or not, but the "recent additions" link on quotes is creating an error: "Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /var/www/virtual/ugbox.net/quotes.ugbox.net/htdocs/quotes.php on line 178"

Loggin in from the main page or quotes also returns and error: "Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /var/www/virtual/ugbox.net/htdocs/login.php on line 13". Logging in via the forums still works.

rying to submit a quote returns "Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /var/www/virtual/ugbox.net/quotes.ugbox.net/htdocs/submit.php on line 4".
- The last post mouseovers on the front page are borked.
- Default theme is set to Oxygen, and the others are still available. See me on IRC and I'll show you how to "fix" that Wink

-Nick
These eggs are scrambled... I want soft boiled eggs!
My pants are tight!

also, the bb code in knowsfords news post before this one isn't working
Freaek Wrote:My pants are tight!
Tightass!
Freaek Wrote:My pants are tight!

also, the bb code in knowsfords news post before this one isn't working
Yeah, the news posts aren't being parsed for BBCode, yet.
Looking good, top work guys Smile
I second crudmuffins emotion, and add a :beer: for D_Web

(also, it's a heck of a lot faster!)
Looks good... but I don't have access to all of our "adminny" forums so can someone allow me them Big Grin
Baker Wrote:Looks good... but I don't have access to all of our "adminny" forums so can someone allow me them Big Grin
Not until you come on IRC more than once a month.

-Nick
Freaek Wrote:(also, it's a heck of a lot faster!)
I agree with that, the front page loads heaps quicker. As well as the forums.

I Might need to edit the theme though, you can't see quoted posts very well.
TheWedgie Wrote:
Baker Wrote:Looks good... but I don't have access to all of our "adminny" forums so can someone allow me them Big Grin
Not until you come on IRC more than once a month.

-Nick
Bwahaha Smile