news | imagestore | ircquotes | trade maker | smilies | forums | people | stats | webmail

Move (almost) Completed
17 Sep 05, 10:20 PM,

All websites have now been migrated from the old server to the new. If you are having any problems with a particular UGBox site, please let us know.

Regarding hosted sites, some information has not yet been moved. If your website had any MySQL databases, you will need to ask an administrator to import your data again.

Some mail accounts (on the @ugbox.net domain only) have new passwords, if I get time I'll go through and set them back to the old ones, once again, if you're having trouble, please let us know.

The Tetrinet and TeamSpeak servers are not yet running on the new machine. Hopefully both should be by the end of the night.
19 Sep 05, 10:56 PM,

What spam filter are you using now? And how does one utilise the cryptic number it attaches to messages now for filtering.
19 Sep 05, 11:22 PM,

tifkat,Sep 19 2005, 10:56 PM Wrote:What spam filter are you using now? And how does one utilise the cryptic number it attaches to messages now for filtering.
DSpam, more to come on it.

Basically, SA is a rules-based filter - it'll pick up what is defined as spam. DSpam is some fancy word (cognative?), it learns from what you feed it, and after training, it is incredibly accurate.

We'll put up some info once we've sorted everything out.
22 Sep 05, 10:46 AM,

Also, what email services are running? Seems https doesn't work, and secure doesn't reslove anymore. :blink: And I can't go snooping on the box anymore 'cause my login doesn't work anymore :o

I'm actually moving my stuff off ugbox in the very near future, so I may need my shell account active again, unless someone wants to email me a tgz of my ~ dir, and the http dir.

tifkat
23 Sep 05, 06:15 AM,

Yeah my IMAP emails have gone skitz.

:lol:
1 Oct 05, 06:59 AM,

So seriously guys.. I cant access any of the email accounts from my hosted sites.

Happened when we changed servers. It's kinda getting important now. I need some help! When I log in, none of my IMAP emails are on the server, emails are bouncing when they're getting sent to me (try it, mike@whitey-ford.com) and it's just generally fubar.

What happened?
1 Oct 05, 09:45 AM,

Whitey Ford,Oct 1 2005, 06:59 AM Wrote:So seriously guys.. I cant access any of the email accounts from my hosted sites.

Happened when we changed servers. It's kinda getting important now. I need some help! When I log in, none of my IMAP emails are on the server, emails are bouncing when they're getting sent to me (try it, mike@whitey-ford.com) and it's just generally fubar.

What happened?
On the old machine, did you have a single mailbox (postmaster@whitey-ford.com) with a catch all on it?

I only found the postmaster mailbox when I moved everything, but missed the catchall, I've created one now so it will get everything.

We would have happily fixed it last week if we'd known it wasn't set up properly, your first comment was a bit lacking though.
4 Oct 05, 08:55 PM,

yeah its fixed now, I thought the IMAP would just settle down eventually and start working again..

it's all sweet now though, thanks